Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Vintage Easter Home Decor

I am playing with Authentique papers again today! I am up on their blog this morning, with a cute little project! I used the Jubilee Bundle 6x6 Paper Pad from the Jubilee Collection to create a pretty home decor piece.
I found this little, white crate in my craft closet and thought it would be cute all decorated for Easter. I am pretty sure the crate is THIS one from Canvas Corp. The outside dimensions of the crate are 3" tall, 4 3/4" wide, and 2 3/4" deep. 

I also found some wood skewers in the kitchen that made perfect "plant picks" to hold the tags. Why should I only shop in the craft room? The office supply closet, the kitchen, and our various junk drawers are also a treasure trove of goodies! {giggle}
The Jubilee Bundle 6x6 Paper Pad is perfect for this tiny project. The small-scale prints on the 6" x 6" paper are just the right size!

Here is how to create your own mini crate project.
I started with this small crate, which was already painted white. I distressed the paint a bit with some sand paper and distress ink, just to make it look more vintage.  
I measured the crate slats and the end pieces and trimmed paper to size. I inked the paper with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, then used tacky white glue to attach the paper to the crate.  
I trimmed some wood skewers to size, but I decided I did not want to paint them white. They were a nice, natural wood color, so I just kept them that way. The tags are from Graphic 45. They are an ivory color and ATC size (3 1/2" tall and 2 1/2" wide). I pulled a selection of paper flowers, ribbons, and other Easter decor out of my stash to use for decorating the crate. 
I trimmed the decorative paper to fit the front and back of each tag. I then used hot glue to attach the wood sticks to the back of the tags.  
I covered the sticks with paper, to make the tags look more finished from the back.
The tiny images from the paper pad are the perfect size for these small tags. I decorated this tag in shades of pink and yellow to match the image. 
The second tag is decorated with yellow, orange, and a pop of pink. I also used some of the stickers from the Jubilee Details cardstock sticker sheet.
Once the tags were decorated, I used hot glue to attach them to the back of the crate. I cut one wood stick a bit shorter than the other, to make sure the tags would sit at different heights. 
I filled the crate with Easter grass. This is the kind of Easter grass made from shredded paper. I have cats, and if they eat the grass, the paper kind will be digested, however the shredded plastic kind of grass...well, it won't be digested. That is a visual that I will leave you with. My advice is....use shredded paper! My husband's advice is...why is that stuff even IN our house?!  But I digress.

I then created a bow from pink and green ribbon and glued it to the edge of the crate. The Easter sentiment is cut from the paper and attached to the front of the crate. I filled the crate with a paper mache egg and loads of paper flowers. 
This sweet home decor piece look adorable sitting on my desk! 

Thank  you so much for looking!



Authentique Supplies Used:

Jubilee Bundle 6x6 Paper Pad
Jubilee Details cardstock stickers

Additional Supplies: 
Mini wood crate: Canvas Corp
Cardstock: CutCardStock Basis Brown
Ink: Ranger Vintage Photo distress ink
Button: my stash
Twine: DMC ivory embroidery floss
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon 3/8" Apple Green Satin with Grosgrain Edge, 5/8" Pearl Pink Taffeta 
Paper flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Shredded paper grass: discount store
Paper mache egg: craft supply
Wood skewers: food supply
Tools: Creative Memories corner rounder
Adhesive: ATG tape, white glue, hot glue

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! Now I need a mini crate, shredded paper...the list goes on! Wonderful decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a delightful Easter decoration ... this time I can't say I'm going to make it, as I don't do Easter decorating. But, I will enjoy this one on your blog - lots of creative ideas - and I like that you found a way to use those oversize faux flowers - I have scads of them and never find a use for them!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this awesome project. Was so excited to see this since I just purchased the 12x12 paper set a few days ago. You've given me such a great idea to adapt. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just darling!!

    ReplyDelete