Thursday, July 13, 2017

Really Reasonable Ribbon July Blog Hop


Welcome to the Really Reasonable Ribbon July Blog HopYou should be coming to my blog from the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog. (For the complete blog list, scroll to the bottom of the post.) After visiting me, hop over to the spectacular Ginny's Blog next! 
Here is a peeky at the RRR July Ribbon Club Assortment. This month the collection is called Perfectly Purple Mix. I like purple, but find it hard to match paper to it because purple can have blue undertones, or red, or be more on the pink/purple spectrum, or more on the black/purple spectrum. It's a purple puzzle! 

I had two images all colored and ready to go, but when I put them next to the ribbon club, one of the images had more of a pink-toned purple, and one had a very dark, blue-toned purple. Neither one really matched the ribbon as well as I had hoped! So, those images went back in the orphan image bin and I changed directions!
I knew (from days and days of sorting my paper) that the purples in the Graphic 45 Secret Garden collection were a perfect match for the ribbons! Happy day! I went with a fairly monochromatic look, and embraced the purple This is an older collection from G45, and I have tons of scraps. I confess, I finally tossed the small scraps and only saved those of a good size for cardmaking. {I know...GASP!}  

I used a Mojo Monday Sketch (#430) for my card design. I am so sad that they are no longer doing sketches. I love my collection of Mojo Monday Sketches! If you want to print copies, hurry, quick like a bunny, and grab them! Click HERE.
I wrapped the top of the card with Hyacinth Taffeta Ribbon. Then, I trimmed a length of the Delphinium Crosshatch Satin Ribbon and used Scor-tape to attach it to the top of the taffeta.

I made a large, loopy bow from the taffeta and glued it to the top of the stacked ribbons. Then, I made a loopy bow from Violet Burlap String and attached it to the top of the taffeta bow. I found a pretty (and sparkly) button in my stash, and added that to the top of the bows! {Yum, right?!}    
I love the vintage images for this paper collection. They remind me of old seed packets. I grew up in the country and my mom, and many of the other ladies in the community, ordered seeds - and traded seeds - so this collection reminds me of those days.

I stamped a message on the inside of the card, and it's all ready to go! The card measures 6" tall by 5" wide. Plus, the fabulously lumpy bow. {grin}

I am entering my card into these challenges:
613 Avenue Create - Challenge #199 Anything Goes, Optional Twist Monochrome (closed)
Always Fun Challenges - Challenge #14 Anything Goes (closed)
Hiding in my Craft Room - #308 Super Scraps Saturday (closed)
Inkspirational Challenge - #138 Word Prompt, Rural (closed)
CropStop July Challenge - Link Party #30 (closed)

(Some of these challenge blogs are new to me! I have been out of the challenge game for a long time, so it has been fun to look for new challenges! I use Paper Playful to scout out new challenge blogs...and to reacquaint myself with some old "friends.")

Thanks for stopping by today! Now, hop over to Ginny's Blog to see what she has for you!

Here is the RRR Blog Hop Order in case you get lost!

Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings



Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon July Ribbon Club (Hyacinth Taffeta Ribbon, Delphinium Crosshatch Satin Ribbon), Violet Burlap String
Cardstock: CutCardStock Basis White, Brown
Designer paper: Graphic 45 Secret Garden (12x12 Beautiful Blooms, Sunkissed, Springtime; 6x6 Patterns and Solids Pad)
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs Sentiments Collection 2 (inside greeting)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Button: stash
Border punch: Stampin' Up
Dies: My Favorite Things Stitched Circle Stax, Spellbinders Standard Circles small and large
Adhesive: ATG tape, hot glue, Scor-tape

25 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous way to showcase the RRR ribbon this month! Love all the layers and papers you included! So, so pretty!
    I'd love for you to link this up to the Cropstop blog where anything goes as long as you use some products from companies they carry in the store (You did!) You can check it out here: www.cropstop.com/blog/butterflies/july-challenge-link-party-30

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up to Cropstop - hope we'll see more of your lovely work in the gallery!

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty card Gloria and the ribbon colors are a perfect match for the design papers. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely, Gloria! I really like the circular element that you added as well as the pretty punched border. It's purplicious! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love purples! This is going to be an enjoyable Blog Hop! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had the same issues with trying to match shades of purple...endless variety is available out there. I've settled on just mixing them all together on one card...floral clusters are the answer for me. Loved seeing all the projects on this Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - the purple tones are gorgeous! My school colors were purple and white so I've always had a thing for purple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gloria, this card is exquisite! You've matched your purples so well. Thanks for sharing this card design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous vintage card! The ribbon matches perfectly!
    This reminds me of the violets we had
    growing in our back yard. I used to pick
    big bouquets and bring them in to my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty card. Love the use of the graphic 45 papers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty in purple. I like the seed pack look to this image.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! Just stunning, as alway! G45 & RR ribbon are made for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Purple is my favorite color so I love this beautiful ribbon assortment.
    Your card is so gorgeous. Love the script BG.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, your card is just gorgeous, I just love that bow! Thank you so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your ribbon layering! The colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really pretty. I love how your button even matches the paper.
    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful !!!! Thanks for sharing your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So elegant! I love this card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this color combo! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card! I love it! We love that you joined us this week at Always Fun Challenges! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gloria - what a beautiful save with the colors of the papers & your ribbons. Beautiful job of layering & bow making! Thank you so much for sharing your project and creativity at 613 Ave C!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C: [ATG]
    Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete